Are you looking for an experienced (see CV), non-judgmental therapist who will respect and understand your perspective, and help you work safely through significant challenges, gain a deeper understanding of yourself and your life circumstances, and resolve those emotions and behaviors that get in your way?
With a warm and empathic style, I provide individual and couples/family therapy to adults and adolescents dealing with a wide range of life stressors and mental health concerns including:
- Anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder
- Alcohol and drug use, whether your goal is abstinence or moderation
- Stress, restlessness, or "feeling stuck" in your life
- Relationship problems
- Cultural adjustment and identity conflicts
- Domestic violence and sexual assault
- Difficulty managing the confusion around sexual orientation and cultural, family and religious expectations
- Unresolved impact of histories of sexual/physical abuse, neglect, violence, torture, war, trauma
- Family abandonment or rejection
My treatment philosophy emphasizes the use of empirically validated approaches that have been shown to be effective in randomized clinical trials, specifically cognitive-behavioral therapy and motivational interviewing, in addition to relational psychotherapy.